Chainfire SuperSU is one of most popular rooting method for Android. Although now Chainfire is not the ownership of its iconic SuperSU anymore, but now the app ownership has been transferred to CodingCode.
Indotechboy — Are your Android device rooted yet? If you still want to keep your device warranty term, I thinks its better not to root it yet. But if you feel ready to dive deep into the Android modding and hacking world, rooting your Android device is your first step. And one of most popular rooting method for Android is the SuperSU.
The main reason why SuperSU became the most popular Android rooting method and management is because it has good compatibility and support wide range of different Android devices from different manufacturers and Android OS versions.
SuperSU was originally a project initiated by one of most recognized Android developer, Chainfire. But I think it was 1 or 2 years before, Chainfire has transferred its SuperSU ownership to a new company (or developer) called CodingCode.
- SuperSU flashable zip file (download link at the end of this post).
- Custom recovery installed.
- Backup! Rooting your phone is a big task. Before you proceed, make sure you know how to restore your device (reflashing your device firmware) if your Android device got bricked or bootloop.
Steps how to install SuperSU on your Android device
Example below are using TWRP recovery.
- Download the SuperSU flashable zip file and save it to your Android device.
- Boot your Android device into recovery mode.
- Tap Install, then locate where you saved the SuperSU zip file you have downloaded and choose to install it.
- After done, it's recommended to do Wipe dalvik / cache.
- Done. Now you could try to install and run application that need root access on your Android device to know if the root binary is installed properly on your Android device system. For a quick test, you can try Root Checker app.
SuperSU flashable zip file download link
Note: This is older version of SuperSU. Their official website is on error state, so I cannot get the latest version. You may try to install this, but maybe this version will not work on Android Marshmallow and newer.
Download SuperSU at the official site: SuperSU official website download page