Indotechboy — Do you know PHP? Of course if you are a webmaster or are studying the web programming you must be know of PHP. To run PHP codes, we need an infrastructure called “Server”. And For people who still new to PHP programming, often choosing free hosting services to practice and run PHP code.
In Windows, there are lot of programs like XAMPP that allow us to run PHP server and execute the code locally on our computer. How about on Android? Now I will share my favorite PHP server Android application to run PHP code locally on our Android device, and it is "Server for PHP" (APK).
Don't be wrong, there are a lot of PHP server applications created for Android. The best of PHP/Web server Android app are making the app to become paid, and the ones which free are using outdated PHP version.
And so here it is, "Server for PHP" Android app is a free PHP server for Android, yet they are keep up to date with latest PHP version. The last time I use this app on my Android phone is using PHP 7.20 installed (most of other apps still using PHP 5.xx).
Server for PHP Android app was released under publisher Tautvidas Andrykis on Play Store. Moreover, this app is and open source and has no ads. We love Open Source, we love free stuffs, and we dislike ads. Is there anything less 😀 ?
Server For PHP Android application info
|app title||Server for PHP|
|system requirements||Android 4.1 and higher|
|tested on||Android phone: Samsung Galaxy V SM-G313HZ|
Quoted from the developer:
Pure PHP 5.4+, 7+ server with modules: core, session, standard, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, hash, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, spl, iconv, intl, json, mbstring, mcrypt, mongodb, mysqlnd, mysqli, odbc, pdo, pdo_mysql, pdo_odbc, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite, pgsql, phar, posix, pspell, recode, reflection, mysql, simplexml, soap, sockets, exif, tidy, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, cli_server, mhash, ssh2, opcache, phalcon, yaf, yar, id3, lzf, oauth, quickhash, bbcode, xmldiff, xdiff, rar, gender, stats, eio, judy, mailparse, rpmreader, spl_types, yaml, ev, inotify, weakref, xdebug, dba, imagick, ldap
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/esminis.server
Support this project by translating it: https://poeditor.com/join/project/oQFU4K0vKI
How to install Server for PHP and run PHP code on your Android device
- Download and install "Server for PHP" on your Android device. You can download it for free on Play Store. Or if you need APK file, there it is at the end of this post.
- When the first time you open the app, you will be provided with list of all available PHP versions. You can download another PHP version, or just choose to install the latest version provided that come with along inside the app file.
- Choose the PHP version you want to install and wait until the installation done (This might take a while).
- Done! After the installation done, tap "Start Server" on the bottom to start the PHP server on your Android.
- You can access the PHP index server by visiting http://localhost:8080/ using your browser. Don't forget the http://, because some web browser like Opera Mini will treat the url as an error if we access it without http://.
- The default index directory on your PHP server is on SdCard/www/public/. Start working your php file / code there
If you want to build an integrated local web server with latest PHP and SQL version on your Android device, you can check the tutorial here: How to Setup Integrated Local Web Server on Android with PHP and SQL using Esminis Server Apps
Server for PHP Android app update changelog
Active development is stopped.
Due to changes in Android 10 this is the last release. Project will be fully closed in not so far future.
For more info read here: https://bitbucket.org/esminis/server.
v. 1.5.1-arm (18/8/2018)
- Minor fixes and update
- ! Data directory backup / restore
- ! From now on notification while server is running cannot be disabled (for better stability and compatibility with Android P) Redesign of forms
v. 1.13.6-arm (08/1/2018)
- User interface and server install improvements
- PHP 7.2.0 built-in
Server for PHP APK Android app download link
SERVER FOR PHP v. 1.17.2-arm.apk (26.8 MB) [Android 4.1+]
Server For PHP Android application is available for free on Play Store. Rate it and leave it nice review if you think the app is useful.