Indotechboy — Now here it is the most advance ROM we have for now for our little Samsung Galaxy V Android phone with it's Android 7.1 Nougat in it, yep it is CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM. Yay! Our Samsung Galaxy V is lo lucky to have a taste of the Android 7.1 Nougat.
CyanogenMod is a custom ROM's (firmware) project based on Android Open Source Project ROM's, with extra contribution from the Android community. It is designed to increase performance and more prioritize to functionality and reliability.
Thanks again to the saviour developer of this ROM, CyanogenMod 14.1 or CM14.1 Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy V SM-G313HZ is still developed by the same developer who brought us the previous CyanogenMod ROM's series for Samsung Galaxy V (check more on ROM info below). Big applause and unlimited credits to them.
Anyway, As my experience when using it CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM is something that will not give us high performance or fast as lightning or super smooth on our Samsung Galaxy V SM-G313HZ single core phone, with 512 MB RAM. If you want to increase the performance or say want to have it faster, you have to use your brain like. NOT install the Google Apps is one of the best way to made this CM14.1 ROM running faster on this phone.
But this ROM provide our little Android phone the latest Android 7.1 Nougat, so we lucky to get experience the Android 7.1 Nougat Operating System on this single core Android phone. Believe me, there are many Android smartphone with better specs out there that not so lucky like Samsung Galaxy V yet.
Cyanogenmod 14.1 (CM14.1) ROM for Samsung Galaxy V info
|ROM title||CyanogenMod 14.1 / CM14.1|
|source / thread||XDA Forum|
|ROM OS version||Android 7.1 Nougat|
|download link|| CM14.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy V [BETA 2] zip file (283.3 MB) |
download: VIA XDA | VIA MEDIAFIRE
Google Apps for Android 7.1 Nougat
download: PICO GAPPS ARM 7.1 17/10/2018.zip (147.7 MB)
How to install CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy V SM-G313HZ
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy V Android smartphone, and go to recovery mode.
- Do a full wipe. Go to "Wipe" -> "Advance wipe". Wipe (tick) the "System", "Dalvik / art", "Cache", "Data", and "Internal storage", swipe to confirm wipe.
- Installing the ROM. Go to "Install", find where you save the CM14.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy V zip file, install the zip file of CM14.1 / CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM and wait until done.
- After the ROM is finish installed, optionally install Google Apps. Pico GAPPS is recommended as it is very simple so it is suitable for our little specs Samsung Galaxy V device. You can find it at http://opengapps.org or IF AND ONLY IF you confuse, you can download it from the link i gave at the download link section above. After all already installed, do "wipe dalvik cache".
- Finally, reboot your Samsung Galaxy V Android smartphone. Caution! This first boot process time can take longer than amazon river :D . It will need 30 minutes or more for the first boot, so be patient.
- CM file manager cannot access external SDcard. Solution: You can access it from "Download" application, or install another file manager.
- Find anothers by yourself 😀