PPSSPP became up reaching perfect (at least for me) thanks to the continually day by day development from the developer and the community. Because PPSSPP is an open source project, you too can contribute to its development as a developer.
Me? No thanks, my brain is already full loaded of Web programming codes and for now it can't handle software programming haha. But we can also support PPSSPP project by purchasing the gold version for Android on Play Store.
There are two version or type of PPSSPP program offered for Windows by the developer, it is the portable version and installer version. PPSSPP portable version comes a zip file we must extract, then in order to run the PPSSPP we must double click or open the ppsspp.exe file inside the extraction folder. "PPSSPPWindows.exe" if you are running a 32-bit system, or "PPSSPPWindows64.exe" if you are running a 64-bit system.
PES 2014 - 2017 Patch by Jogress PSP game on PPSSPP emulator. Don't focus to Aguero's face please, LOL.
Meanwhile PPSSPP installer can be installed on our PC like any normal Windows program. After we have installed the .exe file of PPSSPP installer, it will automatically detect our PC system thus place the right shortcut (32-bit or 64-bit) of PPSSPP launcher file on our Windows PC.
PPSSPP PSP emulator Windows software info
|category||:||Tool, game emulator|
|software format||:||Portable, installer.|
|recommended system||:||Windows 7 and higher.|
|tested on||:||Windows tablet: Advan Vanbook W80|
What difference portable and installer version of PPSSPP?
Different with installer, after we have installed PPSSPP on our Windows, the PSP folder is reside at C:\Documents\PSP. If we are installing new version of PPSSPP through installer, the save data, game config, etc will still work normally without we don't need anything again.
If you are looking for more about how to Play PSP game on your device using PPSSPP, you can read my simple guide here: PPSSPP APK - The Best PSP Game Emulator. The guide was originally created on Android, but it is also applicable since PPSSPP interface is consistent across devices and Operating System anyway.
PPSSPP for Windows update changelog
- v. 1.5.4 (05/12/2017)
- More crashfixes, mostly Vulkan. Quick update to take care of some common crashes
- v. 1.6.3 (6/05/2018)
- 1.6.3 : More bug fixes
- OpenGL backend now properly multithreaded, giving a good speed boost.
- Various Vulkan performance improvements and memory allocation fixes.
- GPU command interpreter performance improvements
- Various fixes for app switching and widgets on Android
- Bugfixes and some performance improvements in the ARM64 JIT compiler and IR interpreter
- Shader cache enabled for Vulkan
- Multiple iOS fixes, including JIT and file browser (#10921).
- Improved compatibility on Mac
- Texture replacement ID bugfix (note: some textures from 1.5.4 may become incompatible)
- Adhoc multiplayer fixes
- Vulkan support on Linux/SDL
- Retroarch support
PPSSPP PSP emulator Windows software download link